Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A little scare

So I had my 38 week appointment today and the Dr. said that the baby was measuring smaller than he did last week...which didn't sound good to me...so he wanted to have an ultrasound done to make sure that the baby was doing ok.  I of course got teary-eyed because well that's what I do...even more so since being pregnant, which may be hard to believe.  Dr. Cox patted me on the arm and told me to do good in the ultrasound!  Then because I think my face must have shown concern he came right back and gave me a little hug, which made me tear up even more, but also helped me know that he cares.  Anyway- I of course called Dave who was luckily out of class and on his way to study and he came right up to the doctors office.  I'm so glad it's close!  The good news is that the ultrasound went really well.  Baby boy is measuring at 37 weeks, but has plenty of fluid and is doing fine.  He kept pushing back against the lady doing the ultrasound.  We got a good look at his face and he's definitely a Batt- with cute chubby cheeks.  He was also sucking on his hand and gave us a yawn.  It's amazing what technology can do!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that must have been very difficult. I'm so glad Dave could be there! What a blessing. And seriously, that is so sweet you got to see him yawn and suck on his hand!

    ReplyDelete